Cumberland Internet offers a FREE Internet Check Up for all Cumberland Internet Subscribers.
When should I have an Internet Check Up? If your computer is running slow or if it has been more than 1 year since your last Internet check up, please consider bringing in your
computer for a complete check up.
What is an Internet Check Up? We will do the following work on your computer for NO CHARGE.
- Verify all Internet settings for dial up and e-mail.
- Make sure your computer is using software compression to increase throughput speeds
- Delete temporary Internet files to make space in your short term memory
- Clear history files to make space in your short term memory
- Download and install all critical Windows operating system updates.
- Verify that your Outlook Express is not set to hang up after sending and receiving e-mail (this can be very annoying if it is set to automatically hang up and you don't want it to do so)
- Check for updated modem drivers
- Get your updates your anti-virus software. If you don't have any installed- we can install Norton Anti-Virus 2005 and get all the updates for the price of the software + 1/2 hour of bench time.
- Run anti-virus scan on your computer
- Install software (no charge) to identify and remove spyware. Spyware is software on your computer that will make it run verrrrryyyy slllloooowwwwlllyyy. Having the right tool to remove it is essential.
How do I get a Free Internet Check Up? Bring in your computer to our store in Greenup. We're located at 110 W. Cumberland St.
in Greenup. We're right across the street from the Greenup Village Building and we're just 1/2 block west of the Post Office on the north side of the road. We're open 9-5 Monday through Friday and 9-Noon on Saturday. When you bring your computer, we only need the tower (no cables, no keyboard, no mouse, no monitor, etc). No appointment is necessary. Just bring in your computer and let them know you want an Internet Check Up.
How long does it take to get a Free Internet Check Up? Expect to leave your computer for about 24 hours to allow us time to complete your check up.
If you bring your computer in on Saturday, it will probably be ready late Monday or Tuesday. Computers are worked on in the order they are received.
Questions??? Call us at 217-923-5115.