|Tools: Mailman - Time Online - Chat Room - News Ticker - eTools - Network News - Order CD|
|Services: Online Classes - Free Classes - Message Board - Classifieds - Online Help - Bridge Camera|
|About Us: About Us - New User Info - FAQs - Account Change Form - Tech Info - Fast Wireless Internet|
|Local: Email Directory - Webpages - Shops - Movies - Golf - Pics - Gov't - Gov't Minutes - Discuss|
|Starting Places: Excite - Yahoo - Hotbot - Go - Lycos - About.com - Looksmart - Altavista - Search - Google|
|Cool Stuff: Auctions - Agriculture - Genealogy - Health - Sports - News/Money - Software - eTools - Ask.com|
Disable Call Waiting
If you have Call Waiting and don't disable it, the following things may happen:
1) People who call you when you are online will not get a busy signal but rather it will ring and ring and you will not answer it.
2) If people ring and ring, it can knock you off the Internet by interferring with the modem's connection.
To disable call waiting, print out this page (by clicking on the printer icon above) and follow these steps:
1) Pick up your telephone and listen for a dial tone. Try entering each of the following codes, the correct code for you will give you a short delay and then you will have a dail tone again. The incorrect codes will give you a fast busy signal. Try each of them and then write down which code is correct for you: *70 70# 1170
2) Double click on MY COMPUTER
3) Double click on DIAL UP NETWORKING
4) Click ONCE on CUMBERLAND INTERNET or INTERNET SIGNUP (so it turns blue).
5) Click on FILE (up at top of box) then PROPERTIES
6) In the field where you see the phone number you call to connect to the internet, put the code that worked for your phone in front of the phone number and a comma. For example, if your correct code was *70 and the number you were calling to connect was 923-5432 you would put the following in the phone number box: *70,923-5432
7) Click OK.
8) Close all windows. Now when you connect to Cumberland Internet, you will hear the first code dialed then a pause and then the phone number. This will disconnect your call waiting only for this phone call and will be reactivated once you hang up from the Internet.